I may have just had one of the most productive weekends I've had in a while. Check this out:
1. Friday I saw The Spiderwick Chronicles with a couple of friends. It was pretty good, and we all had a nice evening.
2. I started Saturday with the Total Body Conditioning class at the gym. Let me tell you... when they say total body, they mean total body. Muscles I didn't even know I had are sore today. It's a good kind of sore. I've really been trying to focus on strength training lately because I know it can have huge benefits for both my running and my overall health. Plus, my current fitness goal is to work on firming up my tummy a bit.
3. I had lunch and ran a few errands with my mom. Our steak at Demos' was exceptionally good, as was the Reese's pie. :)
4. I caught up on all my laundry and ironing. I've really been on the go a lot lately so it had kind of piled up. It felt good to get everything clean and put away.
5. I did my IT Band stretches. I'm determined to not let this nagging problem affect my running.
6. I cleaned all my floors. I burned candles. My house is so nice and clean.
7. I journaled. I posted some pictures online. I found some things online I'd wanted to find.
8. Today I went to the park to enjoy running in shorts in the beautiful weather. I did 10 miles in an hour and 33 minutes. This was a terrific accomplishment because a) it was pretty warm and I don't like running in warm weather; b) it was very windy and I'm pretty sure we ran into the wind far more than having it on our backs; c) my IT Band didn't pain me, but it had a dull ache the whole time; and d) this was 3 miles more than I've run since the marathon on 12/8/07. This was honestly only a few minutes off the pace I'd like to be at, so I was pleased.
9. I had dinner with my family. Then I talked to my good friend Rachel who lives in California. We had a nice time catching up.
10. I worked on my scrapbook. One of these days I'd like to catch up. For now, I'm up to Christmas 2003. I'm trying... once I get past college it'll be easier. I don't have near as many activities to take pictures of on a regular basis like I did back then.
I hope everyone else had a good weekend. I got close to 12 hours of sleep last night which was amazing, but I'm actually pretty ready to head to bed now to get ready for a new week!