Wednesday, June 11, 2008

All Down Hill After Wednesday

Yesterday, I felt like I was at about 40%. After a 2-hour nap after work and then taking Benadryl and getting a solid 8 hours of sleep last night, I feel back up to about 80% today. I'm contemplating another nap after work before heading to a meeting later tonight.

So I'll just owe you all the Boston update/pictures next time around.

There's a chance a friend of mine who currently lives in France might be crashing at my place for a few days while he's here trying to sort things out to possibly move back to our fine land. I realized as I stood looking around yesterday that I haven't done laundry in about 3 weeks (and have more of it piled up than usual due to two weekend trips in a row). I also haven't cleaned the bathrooms in a while... I'm a neat person, so they're not terrible. But still... they could use a cleaning. And I spotted Tucker batting around some dead bugs in the corner the other day. Ew. I went on and cleaned those up. I hate how so many bugs turn up INSIDE during the summer.

I have a good feeling I won't be doing any of those things today. I also won't be running. It's been 2 weeks since my last run, and if you're keeping up then you know I have a race next Saturday. I fully intended to run most days this week, but this darn sinus crap has kept me from it. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to get a short one in before I attempt to get out for a longer run this Saturday. I do still have all of next week to whip myself into shape, and I've also been thinking of the 10-miler as a "for fun" race because it's a pretty sure thing that I won't be killing my previous time. I ran a 1:28 last year in part because I'd run a full marathon a month before. This year I've been a bit of a spring running slacker. I say all this in an effort to make myself accountable to you dear readers... I WILL get my butt into gear as soon as I feel better. I need to start training now if I want to pull off another marathon PR in December.

This isn't the most interesting post ever. Sorry guys. I'm just not feeling like 100% yet... let me rest up more and I promise to be back soon with more interesting updates of my travels. I'm home this weekend, so I'm looking forward to relaxing and catching up with local friends I haven't seen lately since I've been traveling. I'm hopeful to hit the pool at some point and attempt to get a tiny bit of color on my skin. (I know - tanning is bad. Don't worry... I never get a tan. I just get a tiny bit less pastey.)

BTW - To the guy who honked at me and raised his hands in the air at the 3-way stop today: just because the car in front of me has just gone does NOT mean it is your turn. I pulled up to the stop and came to a complete stop and had already started to go before you ever even stopped. It was my turn. That's how it works. Thank you.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Do you remember what the porta-pottie situation at the Moon Pie is like? I know it's not a big race, but do they have ample facilities? Yes, I am more worried about this than the actual run!