- I ran yesterday. It was so good to be back at the gym... I had hoped that maybe a class would be starting around the time I finished my run, but I had no such luck. I really enjoy the variety that a good class provides. It's nice cross training for me. I briefly considered the 5:30am spin class today, but I've been so exhausted this week that I thought better of it when I set my alarm last night.
- Anyways, I ran 3 miles yesterday. I took it easy with a 10 minute-per-mile pace. It felt good. It took the last bit of energy I had left. I didn't care - I was running again. I'll run in the morning... probably not as long as I'd like, but I'll bounce back quickly.
- My mom told me she bought Step Up 2 so I have full intentions of watching it this weekend. I'm a sucker for a good dance movie.
- Speaking of dance, I've watched a bit of So You Think You Can Dance this week. It makes me kind of miss dance, but not enough to pick it back up. I'd prefer to keep living vicariously through other dances. This season, there's a guy named Will on there from Nashville. He's incredible. I wish I had known him prior to the show. He seems like a cool guy.
- I found a new addiction last night with the show Hopkins on ABC. It's a 6-week documentary about Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. I've missed 3-4 episodes, but I have every intention of watching them all on abc.com sometime. I didn't intend to watch it, but I saw a few minutes and was hooked. It's fascinating.
- When I walked into my house last night, I found a lizard in my laundry room. I don't know how much you all know about this part of the country, but we don't see too many lizards scurrying around. He clearly had an injured leg because he was just wiggling along. I felt a little bad, but not bad enough to adopt him as a pet. Tucker spotted him as quickly as I did and ran over to smack the crap out of him. I'm so proud that he knows how to protect me from creatures... smaller than him. I had to force him out of the way so I could grab the lizard and toss him out the door. I suppose he wiggled off somewhere. I forgot to look this morning. I'm just glad I got him. I could see myself in bed wondering where the lizard might be if he had managed to scurry away to where I couldn't get him.
- Doctors offices? Not cool. I told you all a few days ago about how the first clinic I went to made me mad so I went to a different one and received much better care. I got the EOB from the first visit and discovered that according to it, I should have paid a higher copay. Long story involving being on the phone with the insurance company short, walk-in doctors are considered specialists. However, nurse practitioners are not. So I did pay the correct copay, but there's a good chance the clinic will bill me for more since they turned in that I saw the doctor. But I saw a nurse practitioner. So you better believe I'll insist they refile it as seeing the nurse lady and then I won't owe them anything. Heck, they'll probably have to give money back to the insurance folks. How do they get away with turning in that I saw an MD when I didn't? Seems like that shouldn't be legal, seeing as how it's kind of like lying to get more money. But I digress...
- I'm getting really excited about buying an iMac. I'm going to go to the Apple store this weekend and ask a bunch of questions and really figure out what I want. Then, in true Melanie fashion, I'll sleep on it for a few nights. Even though I've been planning on buying one for months now, I still like to give myself a little time before a large purchase so that I can make sure I don't think of any other questions and such. But it's safe to say that I'll be plugging in a new Mac in the very near future.
Friday, July 18, 2008
It's a bullet point kind of day.