Let's go with some categories for my goals...
- Heal from injury :)
- Run at least one of each event: 5K, 10-miler, Half-Marathon and Marathon
- Run additional races if body and schedule allow
- Set at least two new PRs in two different distances (one hopefully being a 4:15 in the marathon)
- Run 600 miles (I was 3 miles shy last year because of the injury)
- Cross train twice a week as often as possible (swim, bike, yoga, etc.) to improve strength and flexibility
- Continue with monthly deposits to Roth IRA and money market savings account
- Never let my savings account dip below the amount I've designated as my emergency fund (unless there is an emergency and I NEED it)
- Build up the amount of savings after my emergency fund to save for future purchases
- Follow budget to limit spending and increase extra cash to transfer to saving
I realize my financial goals are evasive on here, but that's because you don't all need to know what amounts I'm trying to save and all that jazz. Suffice it to say that I like to keep my saving a high priority since I figure there's always a chance of big purchases in the coming years (car, maybe a house, etc.). I like to have some play money on hand as well for trips, concerts, etc. Plus, I like earning interest. :)
- Finish my race scrapbook and keep it caught up
- Finally finish scrapbooking the last 3 semesters of college and start working on scrapbooking all that's happened since then (believe me, if I could ever finish college, it'd be a lot easier to finally catch up to the present... I can't believe how much I did in college!)
- Read at least 2 books I want to read each month
- Create a 101 in 1001 list and begin working on it
- Take at least two fun trips
- Go to at least three concerts
- Pursue some freelance writing leads more strongly and attempt to actually do some to begin gaining experience
- Continue volunteering twice a month (if not more)
- Try to find a church or Bible study that is a good fit
- Take care of my skin
- Focus on how I can live a life of love, beauty and grace
I love getting a new planner for a new year. It's so full of possibility when it's blank. I haven't really put a lot of things down on paper for 2009 yet, but there are a few things that are certain.
- I should be back in shape to run the Country Music Half in April, but we'll see as time goes by.
- I am going to see Dave Matthews Band here in Nashville in April. I bought my tickets yesterday! That will be concert #2 for the year.
- I am hopefully rescheduling my trip to visit Steph in Chicago in the next month or two since I had to cancel my December trip because of my injury.
- I will definitely run the RC Cola and Moon Pie 10-Miler in June as usual.
- I am definitely running the Chicago Marathon in October as my comeback to the full! It will be a fun weekend because my mom is going to go with me and spend a few days exploring the city.
- I would like to run another marathon in December, but we'll see how I feel after Chicago.
- I will also turn 26 in less than 4 months. It's crazy... 25 is going by so quickly.
I hope to meet new people and make new friends this year. I intend on doing a lot of my training runs this summer for Chicago with the local running club, so that should be fun.
I'm looking forward to seeing what 2009 has in store!