- When I ran on Saturday, I ran 2 miles out and then turned around to come back. I was pretty excited about turning around because most of the first 2 miles had been heading straight into the wind. When I turned around, I found that I was STILL running straight into the wind. I actually said out loud, "Well that's a dirty little trick."
- Yesterday we had a couple in our office making decisions for a bathroom remodel. As they were leaving, the guy told us to watch today around 8am and we'd see him in the Black Hawks that would be leaving the base today. The guard members in them would be heading to Iraq. I told my boss how I couldn't imagine what his wife was experiencing. It's going to be his second deployment, but still... I think I'd be in tears all day and not out making cabinet decisions. Maybe it's just different when you are actually a military wife and not just someone trying to picture what it's like.
- I did go stand outside this morning and watch them fly over. I kind of wanted to cry.
- I'm really not happy about this hip flexor. It's definitely sore today. Again, it's not painful... it's just kind of really sore in the front crease of my leg where the quad meets hip. Seriously annoying. I've been on such a role with my recovery and coming back to running.
- My mom's childhood best friend's husband's mom died this week (confusing, I know) and my parents have convinced me to go with them to the visitation tonight by promising to eat at a certain meat and three restaurant in Nashville that has the best homemade chocolate meringue pie that I've ever eaten. Yes, I'm a sucker for dessert. No, I don't care that I'm going to eat it even though I'm skipping my run today. (And I hope this doesn't sound bad... I never actually met the lady that died so I wouldn't really be expected to go tonight anyways.. I'll take a book in my purse to read while the folks visit with the friends.)
- I finally got caught up on my Google Reader again. Sorry that I still haven't been commenting as regularly as usual.
- I have been reading a Nicholas Sparks book. I normally am not one to do much guilty pleasure reading unless I'm on the beach, but my grandma bought me one of his books for Christmas. I got tired of all the technical stuff in Advanced Marathoning the other night and picked it up. Next thing I knew I was on p. 60. There's something about his stuff that sucks me in. (I'm not giving up on the marathon book... I just couldn't take any more science type stuff that time of the night.)
- I'm eager to race again. I know it won't be happening for a while, but still... the itch is there.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Not only had it been a while since I did a video blog, I also haven't done a bullet list in a while.