So this one will just have to cover everything I've accomplished in the past 2 1/2 months since I made the list. It means that I'll look like I've really been on top of things, but it's probably not reflective of what these posts will be like in the coming months since I'll only cover one month at a time in the future.
Here's what I've knocked out or worked toward:
1. Run the PWP 11.2 mile loop with someone so I can learn it (finally) - I took care of this with two running pals as soon as I got home from Europe. It's exciting to finally know the path so that I can run it again in the future. I briefly wrote about it here.
6. Run in at least 3 races I've never run in before - I've decided I must have made this one too easy since I've already knocked out two new races. I ran a 10-miler in London and then ran in the Striders Picnic 5K last weekend. I've decided to edit the list to running 8 new races.
7. Join the Nashville Striders for a group run at least once per training cycle - I might have made this too easy as well, but then again it was hard for me to get myself out there the first time even though I was later glad I did (I'm not always good at meeting new people). I'll definitely be taking advantage of group training runs.
27. Return to Europe - We all know I did this! I'm not even going to tag all the posts about it since there are so many.
48. Mail a card/letter to someone four times a year (doesn't have to be the same person) - I sent a card to my first grade teacher when I found out she was one of the ones who lost her home to the tornados we had in town in April.
70. Organize my receipt system into something that works better - I didn't write a blog post about this because I figured it'd be boring and writing here would suffice. I decided that instead of throwing all receipts and statements into shoeboxes that I needed something more organized. I've decided on 12 folders, one for each month. All of that month's receipts will go in it along with the credit card statements after it's paid. (I pay for everything with a card and then pay it off each month. If you ever want to know more on why, just ask!) When I put in a new month's stuff, I take out the stuff from the year before and make sure none of it is important. Then I trash or shred whatever I don't need anymore.
83. Go white water rafting again - This was totally spur of the moment, but it was super fun and I was thrilled to be invited. I shared a bit here.
84. Try 10 new beers - I worked on this one in Europe for sure. I managed to try the following for the first time (and yes, it's true that I'd never had a Guinness!): Bulmers, Smithwick, Kilkenny, Zubr, Boh, Blarney Blonde, Guinness, Plain Porter, Porterhouse Red, Chiller, Magners, and Strongbow. Ok, so that was 12. Maybe I made this one too easy, but I really am not much of a beer drinker and especially not here at home. I think maybe I need to make myself try another 10 here in the States.
95. Watch one new movie per month, minimum - This is easy I suppose, but I'm glad to be keeping myself on top of this. I've recently watched New in Town, Hotel for Dogs, Princess Protection Agency, Confessions of a Shopaholic, Taken, Last Chance Harvey, The Bourne Identity and I'm sure some others I don't remember since I'm trying to reflect on 2 1/2 months instead of just one. Some I watched on the plane, and some I watched with my sister.
96. Read one book per month, minimum - This is also easy, but I'm glad I'm making sure I take time to read. I've read The Runaway Jury, The Manning Brides, A Bend in the Road and At First Sight over the past couple of months.