Here's what I crossed off in August:
21. Go to a Nashville Sounds game - I got a bunch of friends together one evening and we checked it out for a little while. They're not particularly exciting, but it's always fun to spend an evening with good friends!
26. Visit 3 new states - I can't quite cross off this one, but I made some serious progress by visiting Oregon and Washingon last week. I just finished my posts on the trip, so you can easily navigate backward to read about the trip if you like. And yes, spending one day in a state counts. It's my list and I say so. :)
45. Give money to people who are fundraising at least 4 times a year - I don't like to make a big deal about this, but I did make a donation this month.
55. Meet at least one blog friend per year in person - I had only been reading their blogs for a few months before I went to Portland, but I was excited to run a few miles with Alisa and Gazelle while I was in town.
84a. Try 10 new beers in the States - I tried an Easy Blonde at the Big Horse Brewery in Hood River, Oregon.
95. Watch one new movie per month, minimum - This month I recall watching an Ashton Kutcher film called Personal Effects (it was odd) along with Slumdog Millionaire (finally, I know) and Sunshine Cleaning (loved it!)
96. Read one book per month, minimum - I finished Emily Griffin's Something Borrowed to meet my one per month minimum along with this random book called The Sweet Spring that I got for free last time I hit the used bookstore, but I didn't have as much time to read this month for some reason. I think I spent more time on my scrapbook.
I didn't cross off quite as much as I'd like to this month, but I figure knocking off two states was kind of a big deal. I am also doing stuff toward some of the other items on the list that are more of a long-term type work in progress.