2. Run at least five marathons - We all know I ran the Chicago marathon this month. :) One down, four more to go.
6. Run in at least eight races I’ve never run in before - Chicago also counts toward this one since I had never run it before.
8. Get a massage after every completed marathon - I definitely did this when I got back from the Chicago marathon! It's the perfect post-race reward.
45. Give money to people who are fundraising at least 4 times a year - I made another donation to a good cause this month, so I've now completed this for this year (but that doesn't mean I won't give to other causes if they present themselves).
47. Complete at least 50 hours of volunteer work - I accomplished this by planning the Run for Mercy 5K that took place last weekend. I'm not going to update this task for the time being because I've realized that I consistently do a lot of volunteering at Mercy, and I haven't determined yet what to update the goal to on this one.
48. Mail a card/letter to someone four times a year (doesn't have to be the same person) - I love writing cards, so I found that writing thank yous to my friends who came out to the Run for Mercy 5K to be especially fun. Some I mailed, some I delivered in person.
58. Make at least one new good friend - This didn't happen specifically in October, but I had a profound moment not long ago about how happy I am to have some new friends in my life that I've gotten closer to over the past 6 months or so.
72. Publish something I’ve written - This might sound silly, but I wrote a small piece about having a cat for a pet that was published in Pets Across America 2009. It totally counts.
73. Get paid for something I’ve written - I also got paid a bit for that small piece in Pets Across America 2009. It hardly counts, but getting paid is getting paid.
77. Host a true dinner party - I realize a "true" dinner party is a bit subjective, but my definition was to have more than 2 people over and fix dinner for them... and eat at the table. I had friends over the night before the Run for Mercy 5K to thank them for joining my team. I felt kind of proud for cooking for 10 people, even if it was just spaghetti and breadsticks!
84a. Try 10 new beers in the States - I've never had the Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale or Yazoo's Dos Perros until recently.
95. Watch one new movie per month, minimum - This month I watched Fast and Furious (cheesy, I know, but Paul Walker and fast cars? Guilty pleasure), Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (so funny), Duplicity, and Management (indie flick with Jen Aniston that I really liked).
96. Read one book per month, minimum - I read Steve Harvey's Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man this month. I didn't really find that I learned anything about men that I didn't already know, but it was nice to be reminded of how simple some things are when it comes to men and dating, etc.
There are plenty of others still in progress. :)