First, I found something in Self magazine that I wanted to share. The last article in the November issue is about Jessica Capshaw, the gal who plays Dr. Arizona Robbins on Grey's Anatomy. She's quoted as saying, "My mom told me a person builds a life and then goes off and does a job.
Hopefully, you enjoy that job... but it can't become your life, which is about family, friends and things that are permanent."
I think these words are SO true, and it's definitely how I feel about working and specifically my job search right now. I want my life to be fulfilling. I believe that work can indeed be part of that, and I certainly want to find a job where I feel fulfilled by what I do since I'll be spending 40 hours a week doing it. But work isn't where I think most of my fulfillment comes from. It definitely comes from the relationships I have and the other things I spend my time doing outside of work!
A few other tidbits:
- Yesterday I wore sweats all day.
- I actually never even put on a bra.
- In fact, I never even left my house.
- It was awesome
- I have recently watched two old movies that I remembered from my youth. Courtney mentioned watching Follow That Bird, so I had to dig it out and see it. I hadn't watched it in years, but it brought back memories of which scenes I liked best as a kid. Does anyone else remember it?
- I also watched Three Men and a Baby. I forgot to watch for the scene where the guy is standing in the background that isn't supposed to be there. That part always creeped me out when I was younger.
- My grandpa is being moved to hospice as soon as a bed is available. We're not sure how much longer he has, but it's probably not much. I'm doing ok, but it's definitely a sad time for our family.
- I got a great four miles in today and am gearing up for a 20-miler this weekend.
- I'm also going to see Imogen Heap in concert this weekend, and I CAN'T WAIT!
- Oh, and I have a second date with a guy. :)
- I have also managed to almost finish my Christmas shopping. I love to get it done early so that I can focus on decorating and baking and being with friends and families throughout the holidays. I still have a few more people to shop for, but I pretty much know what I'm getting them.
- I will not be seeing New Moon in the theater. Sorry vampire lovers, but I just wasn't that impressed with the first film. And honestly, even though I read all the books, I'm just not diehard enough to pay $10 to see the movie. I'll rent it from the RedBox in a few months.
- I will more than likely go see The Blind Side with my family on Thanksgiving. We've started a new tradition of seeing movies together on holidays since it's pretty much the only thing open.
I've got a busy couple of days coming up, so I may be rather quiet in blogland until next week. Good luck to all the people running races this weekend!