In the meantime, some updates via bullet points (mostly because during the 7 days I've spent at my new job, I've put together a lot of bullet points):
- I'm 7 days into my new job. It's going well, but it's also a big adjustment. As is typical with a new job, there's a bit of information overload and a lot of questions. I'm not incredibly busy yet since I don't know how to do everything yet. I'm coming home exhausted because my body is not used to being on this kind of schedule after 7 months of unemployment. Overall, I feel incredibly blessed to have found a good job at a good organization with good people (and good pay and benefits, because we all know that's kind of a big deal, too!)
- I have not been running enough. This could be interesting since I'm running a half marathon on Saturday. It's ok though. I am fine with running this race as just another training run that leads to a medal and awesome post-race breakfast. I'll even try to get around to giving you a real race report this time since I slacked on my last half.
- I also signed up for another half in early April. I'm hoping to try to finally run that one for real. I plan to let this weekend's race kick start some more serious training. I've GOT to find a routine that works to get my runs in with my new 8-5 work schedule. Hello late night runs at the gym.
- LOST is blowing my mind this season. Every week I get so excited, and then that hour of my life flies by and I feel sad that there are only a handful of episodes left. I really will be lost next year when this show is over (hahaha, love a good pun)... but I anticipate sitting down and trying to watch all 6 seasons over the course of a few months instead of 6 years in an attempt to piece together things I can't remember.
- I'm going to be moving sooner than I was even anticipating. The idea of looking for a place to live right now is a bit overwhelming since so much else in my life has changed. Fortunately, I do have a month or two to figure it out, so I'm trying not to really focus too terribly much on it yet. Just putting some feelers out there. I am excited to be moving closer to work and to friends and to the Nashville social scene, but it's also kind of sad to know the house that my grandparent's always lived in is being sold. I've loved living here and all of the memories that I'm surrounded with.
- Even though I feel exhausted after work, I still haven't been able to get myself to bed at a reasonable time. Part of it is because my body just hasn't figured out we need to sleep earlier than 2am now, and the other part is because I really kind of like having time to myself before bed to read blogs or watch tv or something.
- I'm feeling unsettled in a lot of ways right now because so much is changing (even though I know it's changing for the good). I know that I'll adjust and forget that I ever even felt this way in time, probably sooner than later. But one thing I am confident of right now is that I know I'm following my heart. In the end, I think that's all that we can ever really do.