Here's an update on the things I crossed off my 101 in 1001 list during the month of May!
6. Run in at least eight races I’ve never run in before - Even though I've finished this, I still ran a new race when I ran the 25K in Grand Rapids, MI. (Race report is still to come, promise!)
9. Go for a month without soda - I decided to knock this one out beginning on April 13. When May 13 rolled around, I had a Dr. Pepper and found that I didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought I might. Since then, I've found that I do still like to drink one from time to time, but I'm definitely not craving them as much as I did before the break.
23. Eat at Loveless Cafe - I went with my family and grandma to eat there for one of my birthday dinner. YUMMY. The biscuits really are as good as everyone makes them out to be.
36. Learn how to make 5 new dinner recipes - I learned just this past weekend how to make this mexican casserole/dip that a friend of mine makes. Super yummy!
53. See Stephanie and Amanda at least once a year - Steph was briefly in town this past week, and I got to have lunch with her twice.
55. Meet at least one blog friend per year in person - I got to meet Tara and Maritza when I went to Michigan for the River Bank 25K.
81. Go roller skating three times - I got all my friends together to go roller skating for my birthday!
95. Watch one new movie per month, minimum - This month I watched G.I. Joe (I kinda like boy movies), Alvin and the Chipmunks Squeakquel (I kind of like cheesy kid movies based on cartoons from my youth), The Dark Knight (I am glad I finally saw it, but I thought Batman Begins was better), and Avatar (I enjoyed it, but I really don't think it's all "hung the moon amazing" like everyone made it out to be.
96. Read one book per month, minimum - I read and reviewed Plan B (enjoyed it) and then I read The Shack (it's got some good answers to questions we all ask, but I felt like the storyline was a little over the top for my tastes).