I know I'm a few days late in sharing my June 101 in 1001 update, but it's been a busy few days.
I accomplished a few things during the month of June:
18. Visit Arrington Vineyards - I was invited to a birthday party for a friend, and she wanted us to all have a picnic out there. The boy was able to join me, and we spent a lovely evening out at the vineyards in good company. Oh, and we enjoyed the free wine tasting. :) I definitely came home with a bottle, though I had a very hard time choosing which one to buy! Don't think for a second I wasn't tickled when the boy took home one of the others I enjoyed. I'm hoping he shares. ;)
45. Give money to people who are fundraising at least 4 times a year - I always kind of don't like talking about this one because I don't want to seem like I'm bragging, but it's important to me to do this. I was able to give to someone again this month who was raising funds for a good cause.
56. Plan at least five $5 dates - Ok, so this one is loosely interpreted. The boy and I had been talking about going to Wave Country (our local wave pool), and I had a buy one get one free coupon... so maybe that means I planned it, maybe not. I thought admission was $10, so it'd be a $5 date. Turns out it was $12, but I'm calling it close enough. Granted, we spent some other money that day... but the base activity fell in the $5 category. My list, my rules.
63. Sell anything I can that I no longer need - I had a huge yard sale in June, and I also sold a ton of stuff on craigslist. I think I could benefit from one more purge, but this got the bulk of crap I don't need out of my home.
71. Clean out things/clothes I don’t use/need once per season (sell or donate items) - This kind of goes with the previous one, but I definitely accomplished that this season!
85. Visit an amusement park I’ve never been to - Believe it or not, I had never been to Wave Country... even though I grew up 20 minutes away from it. We always went to Opryland. I suppose it doesn't really count as an amusement park, but they also had some slides and I was certainly amused. Again, it's my list and my rules. (So it counts with the addendum that I want to go to another amusement park I've never been to before I finish the list!)
95. Watch one new movie per month, minimum - This month I got several in! I saw Killers in the theater with the boy, and I think I liked it better than all the reviewers did. Or maybe it's Ashton Kutcher I like. At home, I watched Star Trek (LOVED it!), Leap Year (super cute chick flick), X-Men 2 (eh), and The Golden Compass (glad to see it, but I was exhausted and had a hard time focusing).
96. Read one book per month, minimum - I had read it years ago, but I reread His Needs, Her Needs. It was a nice refresher on just how different men and women are from each other.