Here are some updates on my world, bullet style:
- I bought a Nintendo Wii. I'm a total fan of playing video games, and I plan to put a few for the system on my Christmas list.
- I finished season 4 of Dexter not long ago, and it drives me a little crazy it airs on Showtime. I probably won't watch season 5 until it's over and on DVD.
- I went to St. Louis for a big part of this past week for work. I wasn't really in St. Louis proper much, but it was fun to get out of my normal routine and go somewhere and do something a little different. Plus, I traveled with a gal from work that I consider a friend... so it was fun for us to have some time to hang out.
- Running has been a little back and forth. My training hasn't been exactly what it should be, but I ran my 14th half marathon yesterday and got another PR of 1:52:16. Race report to come, and I'm excited that I've been getting closer to breaking 1:50. I won't be running another half for speed for several months, so I'll have to table that goal for a bit and be happy with the PR. (I'm of course thrilled!)
- A friend and I had a girl's night at The Melting Pot not long ago. It was such a fun evening with such yummy food, and we wore pretty dresses. I need to do more of that kind of thing more often.
- I saw The Social Network, and I really enjoyed it. I was surprised at how much humor was laced into the script. Honestly, I think Mark Zuckerberg is painted as a pretty quick-witted character in this movie. Granted, the whole thing is just a version of what may or may not have happened... so I took everything with a grain of salt. Nonetheless, I walked out kind of liking the guy.
- I keep thinking that the marathons I'm running this fall are forever away, but the first one is only a little over a month away.