We managed to Get Sh*t Done this weekend.
- Saw 11 houses
- Picked a house
- Signed a lease and got the keys
- Did an inspection and noted all the things we want maintenance on
- Took care of the water/electric/sewage/etc.
- Scheduled for Comcast to come hook things up for tv and internet
- Bought a TiVo (this is what happens when you're getting married apparently... the Comcast DVR will only record 2 shows, and I was informed that won't cut it for us)
- AND the big purchase was that we bought a couch
- I've been working
- The movers packed everything at Adam's and it is being transported to Indy
- Adam drove up to Indy today to be there for delivery tomorrow
- I go up Friday-Monday to try to get everything unpacked and organized
- I come back and finally unpack at my cousin's place so I can feel like I live there for a while
Oh, and we also confirmed our photographer and booked a videographer for the wedding, so now I'm taking care of asking my bridesmaids to be in the wedding and scheduling appointments to try on wedding gowns.
And next weekend I take Adam's little boy and mom up to Indy to see the new place.
I've literally been living out of a suitcase for a month now.
But I have to say... it's a pretty fun and exciting adventure. So I'm not complaining... just a little surprised at how well we've been knocking things out. I like to hope it's a really good sign for our marriage that it seems we handle all this stuff really well. Like picking the couch... we went to 3 stores, sat on a few couches, and then just decided on one.
I'm hoping finding my wedding gown will be that easy for me!