What better way to show how thankful we are for our troops than to give back to them through a virtual race! (I know, it's maybe not your first thought... but let me tell you how you can participate in this easy activity to give back to our military.)
This month, Jost Running is dedicating its virtual race to the non-profit where I work - Courage Beyond at Centerstone. Our organization provides our military population (including active duty, veterans, reserve troops AND their loved ones/families) with confidential, no-cost programs and services like counseling, support groups, classes, therapeutic retreats, etc. to assist them in facing PTSD and other invisible wounds of war.
According to the VA, 22 veterans a day die by suicide. The suicide numbers among active duty soldiers as well as military spouses are also on the rise. At Courage Beyond, we're working to provide our military and their families with other options and ways to find healing.
Will you consider participating in this virtual race? It's super easy, and your registration fee (only $25-$35, depending on the race distance you select) will provide a donation to Courage Beyond... and you get an awesome finisher's medal!
First of all, you might be asking - What is a Virtual Race?
I'm glad you asked! It's a race that you run in the location of your choice - maybe it's at home on a treadmill, outside on a trail, around your neighborhood, or within another road race in your community.
Do I have to be a Runner?
NO! You can run, walk, skip, jump, or even choose to "sleep in" and not run at all. Your registration will still benefit the cause.
Here's how to join:
- Register online for the November Strength in Numbers race, benefitting Courage Beyond.
- Sometime before November 30, complete your race!
- Submit your race time on the Jost Running website and get your medal!
Other Ways to Be Involved with Courage Beyond
- Use hashtag #TCVirtualRace to share with Courage Beyond that you're participating! We'd love to hear why you signed up, see a photo from "race day" or whatever you may wish to share.
- Join the event on Facebook and invite your friends!
- Learn more about Courage Beyond on our website.
- Email me at work for questions or more information.
- Spread the word on your social media/blogs about this EASY way to Support Our Troops!
I'd love it if we had lots of people nationwide joining in the virtual race to benefit this great cause. It's a great way to get a workout in (something you were probably already going to do at least once this month, right??) AND use it to support our military and their families!