Friday, February 3, 2017

Friday at Magic Kingdom before Heading Home

Friday came all too quickly! Sadly, we had to check out of our hotel that morning because we were heading home that evening. However, we managed to squeeze in a good half day at the Magic Kingdom before taking the Magical Express back to the airport.

We took the buses over to the MK and enjoyed a nice walk over to the front entrance. I like this photo my mom snapped of us heading over.

We were there a little before the park opened and finally got to see the welcome show! I had never seen it before in any of my trips to Disney, so it was fun to watch!

Our first Fast Pass was to ride the Seven Dwarves Mine Train again. The line was always so long that the only two times we rode it were when we had FP's. It's pretty fun, but it's surprisingly short. I sort of am sad they took out the old Snow White ride.

We went over to ride Splash Mountain again since we had only ridden it one other time. I'm so glad we had ponchos on hand so we could stay dry.

We had a Fast Pass to ride Space Mountain one more time before stopping for a bite to eat for lunch. We then made sure to get in a last ride on The Haunted Mansion since Connor loves it so much.

We had one last Fast Pass over at Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We had ridden it quite a few times during the week, and it's definitely a favorite of us all. Connor and I were pretty sad that it was our last ride of the trip.

But we really enjoyed ourselves on it!

We made our way back to the hotel to take our bus back to the airport. I was thankful we had a direct flight home. We got home in time to get to bed. Adam and I were actually running The Middle Half the next morning. It's a bit crazy to run a half marathon the day after you get home from a week at Disney, but it was going to be my 9th year in a row to do it and I wasn't going to miss out. You can read how the race went here. I'm glad I squeezed it in since I was able to run again in 2016 and be recognized as a streaker for running it all 10 years it's existed!

All in all, it was a wonderful vacation. Connor talked to anyone who would listen to about it for WEEKS, and even now a year and a half later he brings it up pretty often. I know as he gets older he may not remember every detail, but I hope he'll always remember we had a blast and that he got to go with so many people who love him.

No comments: